January 23, 2018
A Look Back at 2017
As the New Year begins, I’m excited about the weddings we’re currently planning for 2018 and 2019, and about the newly engaged couples who have been reaching out to us for their upcoming weddings. Over the past few days, I’ve been reflecting on 2017. It was one of the best years to date for Dreamday Weddings.
We’re excited to share the highlights with you!
- 2017 marked our 12th year in the wedding planning business. I am so grateful to the clients and wedding professionals I have the honor of working with each day.
To my amazing wedding couples—thank you for trusting me with the most special day in your lives. I’m blessed to work with such kind, fun, authentic people. You inspire me every day. I love getting to know you, and taking this wedding planning journey with you.
Thank you to the incredible wedding vendors who help to bring our clients’ dream weddings to life. You are so talented and wonderful to work with, and you make my job fun even in times of the most challenging situations. It’s a joy to have you as part of the wedding day team when The Big Day finally arrives.
- We did a major company re-brand with a name change to “Dreamday Weddings,” a modern new logo, and a completely new website. This was a project that started in 2016 and came to fruition with a launch in May of this year.
- We opened a 2nd South Florida wedding planning studio location in The Palm Beaches. This was a major accomplishment for me as a wedding professional and as a Master Wedding Planner. The new location is more than a pretty space. For me, it represents years of hard work and dedication.
- Our staff grew in many ways, increasing to a count of 7. We welcomed two new Event Assistants, promoted another to Event Manager, and another to Marketing & Client Manager.
I’m so appreciative of my awesome Dreamday team who assist our wedding couples, help facilitate seamless wedding days, alphabetize seating cards when the hosts forget to, smile when their feet hurt, pick up my phone and timeline behind me whenever I unknowingly leave those somewhere, LOL! You girls are simply THE BEST.
- We received the honor of the Knot Best of Weddings.
- We received the Wedding Wire Couples Choice Award.
- We continued to welcome all couples in love, and were overjoyed to plan our first same-sex wedding.
- Attended the World of Weddings Conference hosted by the Association of Bridal Consultants in Riviera Maya, Mexico where there were endless opportunities for education and networking.
- Organized several networking events as the Director of the Treasure Coast Association of Bridal Consultants Local Networking Group, bringing together an assortment of the area’s best wedding pros.
- We continued to plan Florida Destination weddings for couples coming to us from all parts of the U.S, with the furthest planning with us from Hawaii.
- We planned a variety of events (weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, rehearsal dinners, showers, and more) at a variety of South Florida venues (hotels, resorts, restaurants, historical homes, private residences, tents, botanical gardens, plantations, barns, rooftops, etc.), and even arranged to make it snow for one of our couple’s first dances!
It’s a dream to have a job that I’m so passionate about, and I’m humbled to be able to continue as part of the world of weddings and events. But I honestly couldn’t do it without the unconditional love and support of my family. My grown children are always cheering me on, and my husband continually encourages me to live my dreams.
So, To the Love-of-my-Life and to my children—THANK YOU. I would not be a success without you all. The love I have for each of you is beyond measure.
Farewell 2017 with love.